Where is Acorn House located?
Set on the slopes of Table Mountain, Acorn House**** offers spectacular mountain, city and harbour views and provides convenient access to Cape Town's numerous places of interest.
Oranjezicht is a prime residential suburb. The city centre is a three minutes drive away, with the harbour`s V&A Waterfront complex and the blue-gold beaches of the Atlantic seaboard not much further. All touristic highlights – Table Mountain, Cape Point, Kirstenbosch, to name a few – are in easy reach.
If you prefer to walk, Acorn House is a nice stroll of 20 minutes away to the City Bowl, and the hop-on/hop-of bus is even closer.
Artwork by Chandré. Reproduction prohibited. Copyright Acorn House 2009
Directions from Cape Town International Airport to Acorn House
- From Cape Town International Airport, proceed towards Cape Town on the N2.
- Keep to the left and take M3 De Waal Drive/Cable Way sign turn-off - DON' T GO TOWARDS MUIZENBERG.
- Proceed to the M3 Mill Street/Cable Way sign and turn left at the Jutland sign, just before passing under a bridge.
- Follow the City via Orange Street signs and pass the bridge (Gardens Centre, tall building, on the left).
- Proceed towards Oranjezicht (left lane).
- At the T-junction turn left into Upper Orange Street.
- Further up, after passing Camp Street, De Waal Park (right hand side), turn right into Montrose Avenue. You will notice a little Deli on the corner. No 1 is the second house on the left.